Welcome to the The Zonta Club of Berkshire County. We are a small organization of approximately 40 Berkshire County women working together to improve the lives of girls and women locally and worldwide. We are a not-for-profit that is volunteer run and driven – we meet monthly to hear from compelling guest speakers, network and work on our service projects. We are involved at many levels in our community and in our nation. Here is a little bit of our mission:
We were founded in 1994, with the following goals:
- To provide service at the global and local level
- To improve the legal, political, economic, educational, health, and professional status of women
- To work for the advancement of understanding, goodwill and peace through a world fellowship of executives in business and the professions
- To promote justice and universal respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms
- To be united internationally to foster high ethical standards, to implement service programs and to provide mutual support and fellowship for members who service their communities, their nations and the universe.
In Berkshire County, the Zonta Club was part of the development of the following major annual events, which we continue to guide and support:
- Suit Yourself Program with Goodwill Industries
- Real Women Essay Contest with Girls Inc, Brigham Center
- The Period Project, Collecting for Women’s Dignity for local service centers
We work to raising funds for several major scholarships annually, including:
- The Young Women in Public Affairs Scholarship
- She Knows Where She’s Going Girls Inc. Scholarship
- Berkshire Graduate College Scholarship
- Jane M. Klausman Women in Business
- Amelia Earhart Women in AeroSpace Fellowship.
Our fundraisers are a lot of FUN! Annually we host at least one Bunco Game Night and our major fundraiser is the Poinsettia holiday plant sale.
Our advocacy work includes:
- Creation of the high school ‘Just Say No to Sexual Assault’ poster contest
- The ‘Real Men of Berkshire County Just Say No’ calendar Fundraiser
- Work to pass legislation that protects and advances the rights of women in Berkshire County, Massachusetts, nationwide and worldwide.