Period Project Assembly Saturday, November 5th
On Saturday, November 5th @ 9 a.m., we will have the Period Project assembly event at Sandy’s office in the TD Bank Building on the second floor. We will have breakfast munchies, coffee and work to create period project “kits” for area shelters or service centers to give to women in need. Below is a list of what we’re collecting. To give, see below, we take both funds or supplies to contribute to this project. Please note that the committee plans to use the club funds held in reserves from the Temescal Wellness donation for purchasing bulk supplies, so we will not be making a big push for public contributions as we usually do. Please let Vickie Palardy or Sandy Carroll know if you plan to volunteer – and also if you know of a organization that needs supplies.
Here is a link to our updated Amazon Wish list for products
• Boxes of Individually wrapped Pads or Tampons
• Individually Wrapped Panty Liners
• Cleansing Wipes
• Hand Sanitizers and/or Soap
• New Pairs of Underwear (Any Size)
For reference, in the spring, we had a fantastic assembly day! Attendance: Vickie Palardy, Sandy Carroll, Elaine Hunter, Anne Meczywor, Cassandra Pugh, Tina Monteleone, Karen Norton, Cheryl Maselli, Sarah Gillooly, Debbie O’Neil (10) Non-members: Carla Prendergast, Denise Talabach, Eileen Tegethoff (3) Soldier On: Yolanda Hoffman and Cassandra Finn (2) Temescal Wellness: Olivia Melillo, Megan Kane (2) iBerkshires: Sabrina Damms (1) Total Attendance: 18
This morning our incredible assembly group reached our goal of 250 kits to donate to organizations and schools that are in need of feminine Hygiene products.
- Total products Distributed: 1250 pads, 1500 tampons, 1250 liners, 250 bars of soap, 245 tush wipes and 125 pairs of panties
- Kits went to the following recipients: Elizabeth Freeman Center, Reid Middle School, Herberg Middle School, 18 Degrees Family Resource Center, Bart School, Taconic High, Lee High School.,